Thanks to advances in construction technology, it’s not only possible to build during winter, in some cases, it’s actually the perfect choice–especially if you’re a homeowner looking to build an ADU in California.
Our prices are highly competitive in the winter months because there tends to be less demand in the winter.
Call us for a free estimate: (650) 400-3600
Wintertime construction concerns and myths:
- Pouring Concrete: With careful planning, we can pour concrete in California in the winter months and it will set in the initial 24 hours. Concrete poured in cold weather can actually be stronger than concrete poured in warmer months since it has a longer curing time with additives.
- Easier to Get a Permit: Limited interest in construction projects in the winter makes it easier to get a permit than at other times of the year. In the winter, you can sidestep much of the wait time simply because there aren’t many other homeowners filing for permits at the same time.
- Shorter Build Times: We can get your project started and finished faster in the winter months since there are fewer construction projects and greater availability of workers and contractors.
- Much of the Work Can Still Be Done Indoors: Once the outside shell is completed, most of the work can be done indoors.
- Planning, Planning, and More Planning: The road to success is detailed planning. We will work with you to iron out all the details of your ADU to ensure that you get what you want in the final unit.
We pride ourselves on maintaining a high level of construction quality. We go out of our way to demonstrate that our workmanship is as good as (or better than) workmanship you would get any other time of year. That’s just good business.